What makes a great sales funnel? We’ve all seen them at some time or another and even made a purchase because of one. But very few (except us die-hard marketers) actually know what goes into making a sales funnel that converts.
In today’s Workdom post, we’ll break it down for your step-by-step:
Learn about your audience
The very first stage of a successful funnel happens before your ideal customers even learn about you for the first time. Instead, you’re going to be learning about them:
- What issue(s) do they need to have solved? What’s keeping them up at night?
- What are they interested in? What do they expect with regard to your product or service?
- What channels are they using to find out more about your products or services. For example, if they’re on social media, which ones?
- Why haven’t they bought at this point in time?
When you have the answers to these questions, not only will you know where to find the right kind of people who want to buy your product or service, but you’ll also learn how to position it so that it gets their attention and compels them to order.
How will your target audience learn about you?
Just as you’re learning about your target audience, so too will they be learning about you. You’ll need to answer questions like:
- Why do they want your product or service?
- How will they be using your product or service?
- What kind of motivator will get them to say “I have to have this!”(it could be a free trial, a demo, a money back guarantee, guided support, etc.)
How will you nurture this audience?
Once your audience has learned more about you, you’ll need to think about the path that you want to put them on that will nurture them over time. This includes introducing them to your product or service and positioning yourself as the solution to what they’re looking for.
Different companies do this in different ways, but an ideal ad strategy can include any or all of the following:
- Paid advertising
- Organic search engine advertising
- Social media advertising
- Influencer marketing
- Optimized landing pages
At Workdom, we help brands large and small with all of the marketing channels above, forming a customized solution that helps businesses reach more interested customers and continue to grow and scale. Through our dedicated on-demand, chat-based marketing service, we help you get campaigns launched to reach new customers quickly, efficiently and cost effectively.
How will you get them to convert into customers?
This is the point where all of your efforts pay off. If you’ve created the right kind of sales funnel, a percentage of users will ultimately become customers. What that percentage is depends on lots of factors, including the industry you’re in, the product you’re selling, the cost, the competition and other factors.
There are lots of things that you can do to help move the needle though and convert them. Some of the best methods include:
- Creating the best possible blog posts – Go into detail about your product: who does it help and how? What are the features and benefits? Who stands to get the most use out of it? How do they get started?
- Creating unique videos – If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is probably worth a million. Great videos not only showcase your product in an everyday setting but they do so in a way that really lets you show off your best features. Videos can go in-depth about how best to use the product or service, why it’s different, what goes into making it and much more.
- Working with influencers – Depending on your industry, influencers, or even micro-influencers could be the perfect option for showcasing your brand to a targeted audience.
- Promoting via email – Sometimes, people who read your emails don’t read your blog (or watch your videos), so be sure that all of your target audience is in the loop with regards to the content you publish. Don’t forget to share your blog posts via social media and email!
Interested in creating a targeted, customizable sales funnel strategy for your business? Reach out to the experts at Workdom today! Our seasoned, on-demand advertising professionals can help you take the next steps with confidence and get your campaigns launched efficiently and professionally. Learn more by contacting us today!